Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 15: My 2013 Minnesota Twins Weight Loss Challenge

Weigh-in day!

Weigh-in day for my challenge is also AquaFit day. I wasn't looking forward to either, at least not at the beginning of the day. You can see below how I did on my weigh-in; despite my misgivings, I was happy. By lunch time, I'd finally started to look forward to the evening's AquaFit class. It was a bit more of a "grind" today (gee, surprise), but I felt fantastic when it was over. (Oh, and I made my first friends at class!) I even stopped at the grocery store on the way home because I decided I didn't have enough fresh veggies. Who am I???

Since my last post on discipline, the book we're reading at work for a book club had a lot to say about it. Holy Spirit timing, I suppose. This week's reading had an entire chapter on fasting, focusing on fasting as a key to self-discipline and self-discipline as necessary for a healthy spiritual life. This paragraph was so fitting for me this week:
Our lives change when our habits change. Our habits change when we make resolutions, remind ourselves of those resolutions, hold ourselves accountable for them, and perform them. Sometimes we fail, but there is no success that isn't checkered with failure. Don't give up. Press on, little by little. -Chapter 16, Rediscover Catholicism by Matthew Kelly

Good to ponder over the next few days.

Week 2 Weigh-In Results
Last week's cumulative total: -8.5 lbs
This week's total: -3.5 lbs
Total weight loss: -12 lbs

My nifty weight chart:


I have to say, I think I'm too optomistic on the Twins wins...

1 comment:

  1. Well you are a Twins fan...hence the optimistic view. Keep up the good work during the grind!

    ReplyDelete