Thursday, June 20, 2013

2013 All-Star Game: What's Your Vote?

Last night, I did my duty as a baseball fan, and I voted for the 2013 All-Star rosters.

(Actually, I hate that fans pick the starting rosters. I believe that we are not, as a whole, objective enough. We each have definite favorites and biases, and the largest group [almost always the YANKEE fanbase] wins. There must be a more objective voting group out there. But, this is how the All-Star Game works, so I go with it...)

For the sake of fun and discussion, I would LOVE to hear your reaction to my votes, which are posted below. So, please leave a comment with your reaction or write your ballot in the comments. To cast a real ballot, click here. Voting ends July 4 at 11:59 PM.

Note: You can cast up to 35 ballots. Each can be different, which allows you to split your votes if you're torn. I chose to submit the same ballot 35 times.

For my selections, I reviewed my options, using the comparison tool that was right on the ballot. I looked at the stats before I made my decision. Here are the two biases I admit to:

  1. I voted for two Minnesota Twins players. One of them I believe deserves the starting position straight up; the other is my current infatuation, and I want him to be an All-Star more than he probably deserves. If you've interacted with me/creeped on Twitter or Facebook, you'll know which is which.
  2. I seriously considered Robinson Cano as my AL Second Base vote, but I decided not to vote for any Yankees. They'll get enough votes without my help.

My 2013 MLB All-Star Ballot
First base - AL: Chris Davis (BAL) / NL: Paul Goldschmidt (ARI)
Second base - AL: Gordon Beckham (CWS) / NL: Matt Carpenter (STL)
Shortstop - AL: J.J. Hardy (BAL) / NL: Troy Tulowitzki (COL)
Third base - AL: Miguel Cabrera (DET) / NL: Pedro Alvarez
Catcher - Joe Mauer (MIN) / NL: Buster Posey (SF)
Designated Hitter - AL: Ryan Doumit (MIN)
Outfield - AL: Jose Bautista (TOR), Mike Trout (LAA), Adam Jones (BAL) / NL: Carlos Beltran (STL), Carlos Gonzalez (COL), Dominic Brown (PHI)

No comments:

Post a Comment